வியாழன், மார்ச் 09, 2017

Hello Mr Subramanian Swamy

Hello Mr Subramanian Swamy, well and wish you the same.

I've read you, heard you, watched you and following you in social forums/news for over a decade now. I admire you for your accomplishments.

Having said that I must tell you I am not your fan. I am an ethical Tamilian by birth and an equal Indian by law.

I've been watching you using demeaning words in social media to refer to sects of Tamils. I do know the opposite side is using bad language as well ; not considering your stage and age. I do understand that everyone has a reason for what they are doing, but I don't agree. I am supporting neither of you (i.e you and them) w.r.t the word-play you both seem to enjoying in social media.

However, of late, I noticed some of your followers also started using similar and generalized demeaning words in public to refer to Tamils in general. I understand and I would not blame them. It is their lack of understanding of richness of Tamil heritage and misinterpretation of your views. I presume that none would challenge me on the history of Tamil as a language, culture, landmass, etc, etc.

I think, your personal views and expressions in social media sets up a wrong imagery of Tamils in the hearts and minds of the millions of next generation Indian youths. I am afraid, it is going to divide even the next generations of the country and continue to grow the mistrust and disrespect currently meant to each other. I know, it is not good for anyone and it's wrong.

You being a well educated, well trained, well traveled doctorate professor, I know I don't have to advise you on how to groom the next generation in love and harmony, so I only request you the same.

 I hope you would rethink and rephrase your statements with good choice of words conveying the message that you want your country to hear from you. Thus you lead a good set of beautiful hearts and brilliant minds. If you do so, I believe, it would be yet another good help done by you to your country and to yourself in history.

I know you don't give up on your rights and you would put a fitting fight to win it over. I like that. I believe you are at good position to support everyone who is fighting for rights and guide them towards a mutually beneficial solution by sacrificing your intelligence, focusing your energy, swallowing all bitterness.

Thanks for taking time to read. Thanks for thinking about this letter later.

Wish you all the very best.


கருத்துகள் இல்லை:

கருத்துரையிடுக

இதுபற்றிய உங்கள் கருத்தை எனக்கு தெரிவிக்கவும்.